TL;DR: What respect looks like between a parent and child.
Originally Written: 23-Apr-2019
Word Count: 88
Read Time: 0.3 minutes
Your parents have to respect your choices on the basis that:
1. They have to trust their parenting was “enough” to guide you.
2. They have to trust your ability to make decisions as a competent person with good intentions.
3. They have to trust you in the same way they wanted the same trust from their caregivers at your age.
4. They have to trust you.
5. Trust is not earned, respect is.
6. They have to let you be you or you are just their choices.